Office: Miami, Florida
Remote: Anywhere in the US.
The Fraud Intelligence Analyst will work as part of Gemini Advisory’s Research and Development team, which is responsible for producing timely and actionable intelligence for our clients. A Fraud Intelligence Analyst’s responsibilities include identifying fraud threats and drafting reports that clearly communicate these threats through metrics, visuals, and written analyses. Reports must translate the content of technical threats into layperson’s terms. The analyst will also collaborate with technical analysts and Gemini clients to conduct complex Card Present (CP) and Card Not Present (CNP) breach investigations.
Experience with fraud analysis in the financial industry, deep and dark web (DDW) threats, or bank account fraud, payment card fraud, e-skimmer attacks, account takeover, and synthetic identities is desirable. We value flexibility, technological and interpersonal skills, and creative initiative.
- Use Gemini tools to analyze data and create visual displays for clear presentation of technical information
- Utilize DDW and open-source tools for fraud detection and analysis
- Analyze e-skimming groups, campaigns, and related attack vectors
- Research past and present cybercriminal threats to the financial industry and adjacent victims of payment card fraud
- Analyze current and future trends in the cybercriminal underground fraud space to inform client mitigation strategies
- Write concise, clear, and actionable reports for client and public audiences that include assessments on the scope, scale, and sophistication of relevant incidents
- Collaborate with partner organizations for broader analysis
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Professional experience in cyber threat intelligence, business risk intelligence, or anti-fraud security
- Moderate to expert understanding of the payment card fraud environment
- Strong analytical and report-writing abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills that allow for communication of technical concepts to both expert and non-expert audiences
- Ability to work under pressure and on short deadlines
- Diligent work ethic that demonstrates flexibility, initiative, and creativity
Foreign language abilities (especially Russian or Japanese) or experience with scripting or programming languages is preferred but not required. Programming skills include web analysis, Python, Go, SQL, and Elasticsearch. Previous experience working with Kibana, a data visualization dashboard for Elasticsearch, is desirable. Preferred certificates include Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or Certified Financial Crimes Investigator (CFCI). Gemini’s Research and Development team is growing and seeks analysts who can adapt to our analytical tools and bring new ideas to the table. It is a collaborative and flexible environment that encourages individual innovation.
Want more info?
Blog: Learn everything you want to know about the world of fraud intelligence and the emerging dark web trends (https://geminiadvisory.io/blog/)
Job Type: Full-time
Get in touch with us here.